TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will collect two types of information from you: information that specifically identifies you (“Personal Information”) and information that does not identify you as a person (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”)
We sometimes ask you for certain kinds of Personal Information to provide the services you request. This information includes:
- Shopping – Through this website, you will be able to purchase AERIN products. We ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the World of AERIN email list, we may use your Personal Information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
My Account – You have the opportunity to create a personal shopping account with AERIN, which allows you to shop faster and easier. Using an email address as your user name and password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information. In creating this account, you authorize AERIN to store your name and email address. Should you elect to do so, you may also include in your ‘My Account’ your telephone number, payment card information, and shipping and billing addresses. If you choose to include such additional information then you are authorizing AERIN to store such information until such time you elect to change or delete it. Each of these options is for your convenience only. If you ever use a public computer to visit the “My Account” section of our Website, we strongly encourage you to log out at the conclusion of your session. By doing so, although your information will still be stored with us, it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
Through the “My Account” feature, you may create a Wish List of products you want and share the items on your list by copying and pasting the URL. You may elect to make this Wish List public, so that friends and family can search for you by either name or email address.
- Email List – When you create an account with AERIN, you will be given the option to be added to the World of AERIN email list. Whether or not you select this option; your Personal Information will never be sold to anyone. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time. To be removed from our email list, please email us at SERVICE@AERIN.COM and include your name and the address in the message, or click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
- Purchases – When you place an order, you will be asked to provide your credit card information. AERIN does not store credit card information unless you choose to include it in your “Account” (see above).
- Customer Service – If you call Customer Service, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, and if you choose to make a purchase, your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process your transaction.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes and Promotions – On this Website, you may be able to participate in surveys, sweepstakes and promotions. If you choose to participate in these promotions, we may request information such as your name, age, email address, mailing address, telephone number and interests or product preferences. This Personal Information is used to enter in to our contests, sweepstakes and promotions. We may use this information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions, but only if you have given us your consent to do so.
- Email to a Friend – You may be able to share certain content from this website with your friends. In order to do so, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, zip code and telephone number. We will not include any other advertisements within the message sent your friends, and we will not collect the emails of any friends to who you share content unless such friends choose to be added to our email list.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATIONCookies
We may also use various analytical tools in connection with the Website to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Website. This information may include your computer's Internet protocol (IP) address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the web site you visited immediately before coming to the Website. This information is collected anonymously, and none of this information is identified with you as an individual or contains any Personal Information.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information we collect for various purposes, including:
- Processing transactions upon your request
- Improving our Website, customer shopping experience and quality of service
- Sending communications to you about our products, services and promotions
- Preventing and detecting fraud and abuse
- Processing information or claims in connection with incidents at our stores
- Enabling our service providers to perform certain activities on our behalf
- Complying with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytical purposes.
OTHERS WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Affiliated Companies and Service Providers: We may also disclose your Personal Information to our affiliated companies and to consultants and/or outside companies that help us operate and maintain our Website and provide the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with such consultants and/or outside companies to: (a) manage a database of customer information (b) assist us in distributing emails (c) assist us with direct marketing and data collection (d) provide us with data storage and analysis (e) provide fraud prevent (f) provide customer service by phone and (g) engage in other services designed to assist us in developing, operating and maintaining our Website and maximizing our business potential. We require that our affiliated companies and these consultants and outside companies agree to keep confidential all Personal Information we share with them and to use the Personal Information only to perform their obligations in their agreements with us.
Compliance with Law: We may provide access to your Personal Information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights, and to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to this Website and the public.
Transfer of Assets: In addition, if we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred and will be disclosed during the process of negotiating such business transition, pursuant to a suitable confidentiality order.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
While visiting our Website, you may link to sites operated by third parties or you may have come to our Website by clicking on a link in another website. This does not mean that we endorse these websites or the goods/services advertised or offered on those websites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any third-party website that you may access through our Website. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
We go to great lengths to keep your financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of Personal Information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Our customer service team operates over a private and secure network. Please note, however, that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card or other Personal Information.
We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our Website, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our Website. Once you’ve entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. Also, a key or a closed lock will appear in the lower right hand corner of your screen to notify you of this change. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not interpret such information. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law.
You will receive promotional emails from us only if you have asked to receive them. If you do not want to receive e-mails from us you may click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email communication sent by us. Please allow us 10 business days from when the request was received to complete the removal, as some of our promotions may already have been in process before you submitted your request.
“SPOOFING” AND “PHISHING”
A common Internet scam is known as ‘spoofing’ or ‘phishing’. This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that we will NEVER send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other Personal Information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at email@example.com, as we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
Our Website is not meant for children, and we do not collect any Personal Information from children under the age of thirteen. We will remove from our files any Person Information of anyone we discover to be under thirteen years old.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83 – 1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliate’s’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: AERIN Holdings LLC, 595 Madison Avenue, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10022; Attn: Customer Service or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 30 days for a response.